We want you to enjoy every visit to CyrusCharter.com, as well as every experience with Cyrus Charter Online Services, and you should be aware that the Cyrus Charter Online Services may make sensitive permissions requests on your computer, tablet or mobile device, and handle personal or sensitive user data (including personally identifiable information, financial and payment information, authentication information, phonebook or contact data, microphone and camera sensor data, and sensitive device data), and collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances. Please read the following provisions carefully to understand how Cyrus Charter collects, uses and discloses personally identifiable information from its users.
1. What Kind of Information We Collect
Whether accessing the Cyrus Charter Online Services from your home computer or while on the run from your smart phone or tablet, Cyrus Charter and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
• mailing address and/or zip code;
• telephone number;
• e-mail address;
• username and password (for account administration);
• device ID, including IP address;
• financial account information and other personal financial and payment information (that you submit to us for transaction processing);
• additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events (such as your preferences); and
• certain identifying information such as your date of birth and contact information.
In addition, we may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual, such as:
• browser and device information, including operating system;
• demographic information and other information provided by you that we may combine with other users of the Cyrus Charter Online Services or use on its own;
• mobile application usage data;
• aggregated information such as “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for the Cyrus Charter Online Services (including referring URLs or domains), certain Cyrus Charter Online Services traffic statistics, page views, and impressions; and
In addition, when users request pages on the Cyrus Charter Online Services, our servers automatically log the IP address of the particular user. The IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer in order to identify it whenever you are surfing the Web.
2. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
• process and manage your purchase and use of our products and services;
• respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums;
• create and deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your Personal Information with Other Information, such as the number of times you log in, and the amounts and types of purchases you make;
• communicate with you by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about Cyrus Charter, including but not limited to information about your activity or purchases, your services, accounts, contests you may enter into, your requests for information, and to update you about changes to the Cyrus Charter Online Services;
• communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts, such as when we send you offers and promotions that you can take advantage of through the Cyrus Charter Online Services;
• allow you to send communications to others through the Cyrus Charter Online Services;
• to further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, to enhance, improve or modify the Cyrus Charter Online Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities; and
• to send “transactional or relationship” communications to you, such as notices to facilitate a transaction you have conducted or messages that provide information about your account, using various electronic communication, including email and mobile communications.
3. How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Cyrus Charter or our Affiliates, except in the following circumstances.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services That You Request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and forums, including but not limited to those on CyrusCharter.com, our Facebook or other social media pages. When you post information in a public forum it becomes public information. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications through the Cyrus Charter Online Services.
Corporate Transactions or Events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Cyrus Charter, our Affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
4. How We May Use and Disclose Other Information We Collect
Similarly, we generally use Other Information for any purpose not prohibited by law. More specifically, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Other Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. The Other Information that we collect generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
5. How to Manage Your Account Information
You can contact Cyrus Charter at the phone number listed on the CyrusCharter.com website to manage and correct factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you.
6. How We Provide Security and Protect Your Personal Information
Cyrus Charter has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our Cyrus Charter Online Services.
With respect to payment card information and other Personal Information collected through our Cyrus Charter Online Services, we use Secure Socket Layer Technology or SSL to encrypt or scramble that information during transmission. We also handle all user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography (for example, over HTTPS).
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your Cyrus Charter account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below.
Because our system is secure, you should also store your password in a safe place. Due to limitations on the technology that we use, we cannot assist you in retrieving lost passwords.
7. Our Policy on Cookies, Interest-Based Advertising and “Do Not Track”
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser directories to store your information about your use of the Cyrus Charter Online Services and your activities online (collectively, “Cookies”). A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Control of Cookies
If you do not wish to receive Cookies or wish to manage when you accept Cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies, if you set your browser to reject Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Cyrus Charter Online Services. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, or how to disable Cookies altogether. If you block or otherwise reject our Cookies, you may lose some of the functionality of our site. For example, you may not be able to use any products and services that require you to sign in.
Online Marketing and Advertising
In addition, we and our partners may use these Data Collection Technologies to track the actions of users of the Cyrus Charter Online Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on the Cyrus Charter Online Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience on the Cyrus Charter Online Services. For example, if you give us your zip code and we thus know you live in an area where a particular promotion is going on, we may deliver to you a communication or advertisement that is specific to that promotion.
In addition, please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Technologies on the Cyrus Charter Online Services such as information about your use of the Cyrus Charter Online Services, including for analytics and fraud prevention as well as any other legal purpose. When we use the term “Data Collection Technologies” we are referring to any technology that collects information about your use of the Cyrus Charter Online Services and potentially about your activities when you leave the Cyrus Charter Online Services and visit other sites on the Internet.
WHILE WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING YOU WITH MEANINGFUL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CURRENTLY, WE DO NOT RECOGNIZE OR RESPOND TO BROWSER INITIATED DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
8. Social Networking and Third Party Sites
9. Children’s Online Privacy
Cyrus Charter recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). When a user discloses personal information on the Cyrus Charter Online Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personally identifiable information through the Cyrus Charter Online Services, we ask that a parent or guardian notify us by using the Contact form on the Cyrus Charter website http://Cyrus Charter.com/contact/, and we will delete the child’s information from our records.
10. Third Parties and Your Responsibilities
If you choose to use any Cyrus Charter Online Services functionality that allows you to send messages to third parties outside of the Cyrus Charter Online Services, you must obtain their permission to provide their personal information, such as their name, phone number or email address, to Cyrus Charter, and all other parties necessary to carry out the requested functionality, for example, by routing a message. You are solely responsible for maintenance of the confidentiality and security of any information which you transmit from or store on your computer, tablet, or mobile device for purposes of accessing and using the Cyrus Charter Online Services, and for all transactions and other activities undertaken in your name, whether authorized or unauthorized. You agree to immediately notify Cyrus Charter of any unauthorized transactions associated with the Cyrus Charter Online Services, or any other breach of security, and that Cyrus Charter shall not be responsible for any losses, costs or expenses arising out of the loss or theft of information which you may have transmitted from or stored on any device of yours, or from unauthorized or fraudulent transactions associated with the Cyrus Charter Online Services.
11. Email Communications, Text Communications and Push Notifications
If you sign up for a user account using the Cyrus Charter Online Services, you are by default opted in to receive promotional email communications, text communications and push notifications from Cyrus Charter (“Electronic Communications”) which may include promotional communications, special offers, account related information, and system messages.
You may opt-out to stop receiving Electronic Communications other than “transactional or relationship” communications referenced above by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Cyrus Charter email or updating your Cyrus Charter account if you have one. To opt-out of SMS text messages from Cyrus Charter, you can update your Cyrus Charter account if you have one OR text STOP to the appropriate short code from the mobile device where you received the SMS text message. If you wish to stop receiving “transactional or relationship” Electronic Communications, you must delete your Cyrus Charter user account.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can contact us by using the Contact form on the Cyrus Charter website http://Cyrus Charter.com/contact.
©2017. Cyrus Charter name, design, logos and related marks are registered trademarks of Cyrus Charter Property and Land Co., Inc. All rights reserved.